Walk for Women Fishing Tournament Rules
The following are the basic official rules and regulations of the Walk for Women Fishing Tournament. A complete set of rules can be found on our website (spiwalkforwomen.org). It is the contestant’s responsibility to read, understand, and comply with all of the rules outlined below. Noncompliance will be grounds for disqualification from the tournament and future barring from activities sponsored by Walk for Women, Inc. By entering this tournament, each contestant agrees to abide by these rules and regulations and agrees that any decisions of the Tournament Directors will be final.
WALK FOR WOMEN, INC. AND TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY INTO THE TOURNAMENT TO ANY ANGLER.
1) Every angler is expected to abide by Texas Parks and Wildlife rules and regulations.
2) Remember – We are an amateur angler tournament. Guides are not permitted to angle.
3) This is a MOTORIZED BOAT tournament. All fish must be caught by rod and reel. No fishing from docks or piers allowed. No gigging. Wade fishing permitted from boat only. No wave runners, kayaks or surf fishing will be allowed.
4) Fishing starts no earlier than 7:00 a.m. Weigh-in no later than 1:30 p.m. at the dock at Louie’s Backyard. Fish brought by land are subject to the same rules.
5) Clock at dock will be official time. Dock chief decision is final.
6) Qualifying fish are Red Drum, Speckled Trout and Flounder.
7) Identify fish by Angler before reaching Weigh-in Dock.
8) Heaviest fish to each species will be weighed-in per angler.
9) No Tagged Red Drum over 28” allowed and angler will not be allowed to weigh in another Red Drum in its place.
10a) Determination of winners: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place trophies will be awarded for each species.
*In case of tie, the tiebreaker will be decided by Weight, Length, Time.
10b) Grand Slam Angler: Will be determined by one of each species – heaviest total.
*If no one catches all three it goes to heaviest of two.
Prize Money: Will be awarded to the Boat based upon combined weight of the heaviest fish of each species.
1st Place: $750.00 | 2nd Place: $500.00 | 3rd Place: $250.00
11) Weigh-master log and Tournament Boat Card must be initialed by angler when the fish are weighed-in and prior to leaving the dock.
12) Fish will be weighed in one time only. Make sure weights are correct before signing Tournament Boat Card.
13) If there are any questions, contact Christy at 956-459-7079
*PLEASE PRACTICE CONSERVATION WHEN POSSIBLE*
**SPORTSMANSHIP-PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A CHARITY TOURNAMENT**